PDA

View Full Version : jsMonkey rig R1 hand hypergraph

tymznd
06-07-2003, 04:58 AM
Can someone give me the rough breakdown of what is happening in this screenshot:
http://homepage.mac.com/tymznd/js_hand_graph.gif

Basically there are 3 level of control:
1 - by selecting the hand control and "curling" a finger attribute
2 - by selecting the finger control and rotating a upDown attribute
3 - by selecting the joint and rotating it in the X

How are all these levels of control created without overwriting each other?
I assume that they are all SDKs that are routed through a blender to control influence????
Is all this created by hand?
What is the basic process flow for setting all this up.

misterdi
06-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Looking at the Hypergraph setup, seems to me the connection come from set driven key.

With set driven key you can have many to many relations. The result is additive.

If you open attribute Editor of the driven object, to the attribute that designated as driven you will see it is connected to a blendWeighted node.

The blendWeighted it self than could have several input.

Best regards,

Levitateme
06-07-2003, 12:05 PM
if your wondering what all the spline shapes are, in jasons dvd he uses them to control certain things. he has the most advanced rig i have ever seen. like his hand control is really great .

tymznd
06-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I think I figured it out late last night.... not sure what I was doing wrong initially.... I guess now it's just a matter of experimentation and alot of work.

tymznd
06-08-2003, 05:50 AM
In looking closer, it appears that some of the controls behave like they are connected directly to the joint (like a connectAttr), cause you can rotate and rotate and rotate and the joint just keeps on turning. Not like the usual setDrivenkey that has a start and an end, like a range.

Is there a special way of setting this type of SDK up??

jschleifer
06-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Heya!

yep, it works just like a regular setDrivenKey.. 'cept I made the curves continue indefinitely. If you view both the pre and post bits of the curve, you'll see they just go and go and go..

hope that helps! :)

-jason

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.