PDA

View Full Version : How to composite the Reflection element to the ground?

Jausn
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello! Everyone!

I got a question to ask. I rendered the ground,object,its reflection and shadow separetely. But how to composite the Reflection element to the ground?

Is there anybody who could give me some help?

Thank you very much!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Reflections are typically done use the ADD transfer mode. Try check the help file for Render Elements. From the help file:The Background layer uses the Normal transfer mode. The Background layer is not trimmed against the other layers (meaning, it has no alpha channel), so it must be composited under the other layers. Therefore, it is at the bottom of the layer stack. The Diffuse layer is directly above the Background layer. Since the Diffuse layer uses an alpha channel, it is composited using the Normal transfer mode. That is, the Background layer is visible beneath the Diffuse layer.

The Specular layer is composited using the Add transfer mode. The Self-Illumination, Refraction, and Reflection render element layers are also composited using the Add transfer mode, which is independent of the stacking order.

For example, if you change the order of the Refraction and Self-Illumination layers in the Workspace panel, the composite is not affected because both layers use the Add transfer mode.

The Shadow layer is composited above the Specular layer to dim color in the shadowed areas. By default, the Shadow layer uses Normal transfer mode because its alpha channel controls how much the black and white shadows dim the Specular and Diffuse layers beneath it in the stacking order.

For the composite to match the 3ds max scene, the Shadow layer must be below the Reflection, Refraction, and Self-Illumination layers. Otherwise, these three layers would also be dimmed.

If the composite has an Atmosphere layer, the layer appears above the Self-Illumination layer. The Atmosphere layer must be composited over all the other layers that are turned on. The Atmosphere layer uses the Normal transfer mode.

By default, the Alpha layer is turned off because it is not required, but it is very useful for compositing additional layers. The Z Depth and Blend render elements are also not required for a composite, so the layers are turned off in the composite when these elements are rendered in 3ds max.-Eric

Jausn
10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Reflections are typically done use the ADD transfer mode. Try check the help file for Render Elements. From the help file:-Eric

Thank you very much!

I gonna watch them latter.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.