PDA

View Full Version : Dual cpu setup for Lightwave 7.5

R2D2
04-27-2002, 03:31 AM
The tech guy here at work is throwing together some new systems for us. Have any of you had experience with the Athlon MP's and Lightwave? Right now we're thinking of Dual MPs, 1Gig of RAM, GeForce 4 ti 4600 (I think), etc. etc. Any recommendations or input on this subject? I'm specifically interested in any advantages to be had or problems that may arise w/Lightwave. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Later,
R2

IMarshal
04-27-2002, 03:50 AM
I own a Dual MP 1800+ system 1Gig Ram and love it. I decided on a dual processor not just for 3d graphics but also because of a multi-threaded math application I'm working on.

Both Lightwave and 3D Studio max v4 use the dual processors in rendering the image and I think you'll see a linear increase in performance.

I believe (not sure on this) that 3d Studio Max also takes advantage of the dual processors just in the view (OpenGL view) - not sure if Lightwave does as well (again, if Im right Max does)

R2D2
04-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the input. I just wanted to make sure that there would be no problems with Lightwave and I wanted to know how much the extra processor would actually be put to use.

Later,
R2

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.