PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Chow to direct/act Green Hornet

dtang
09-23-2008, 02:37 AM
This is gonna be great. Stephen Chow is a huge fan of Bruce Lee, he self-trained martial art since he was a kid because of Lee, and also part of the reason why he got into this industry. It's amazing how dream and determination can make you achieve what seems impossible to others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/912/912028p1.html

Quot:

Stephen Chow, one of Asia's most popular box-office draws as the award-winning star and director of such films as Kung Fu Hustle, CJ7, and Shaolin Soccer, will direct Seth Rogen and star opposite him as Kato in Columbia Pictures' The Green Hornet, set for release June 25, 2010, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad and Matt Tolmach, presidents of Columbia Pictures.

unchikun
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Seth Rogen? I wonder what direction this movie will go. CJ7 was really weird.

ThE_JacO
09-24-2008, 12:50 AM
This is gonna be great. Stephen Chow is a huge fan of Bruce Lee, he self-trained martial art since he was a kid because of Lee, and also part of the reason why he got into this industry. It's amazing how dream and determination can make you achieve what seems impossible to others.
Self trained martial artist since he was a kid?
Wasn't he saying in the kung-fu hustle featurette how amazing CG and wirework were because he could act in martial arts movies with only a few weeks of training for each and not knowing anything about martial arts?

The guy sure likes to contradict himself, but I'm still looking forward to this.

dtang
09-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Maybe I should elaborate what I said, ever since Stephen was a kid, he's a huge fan of Bruce Lee, but his family was poor, he can't afford to watch every Bruce Lee's movie. Which is why he often work part time in restaurant to earn some tips so that he can go watch his idol's movie. This also caused him skip school so that he can go practice martial art, and to be like Bruce Lee.

Like a lot of asian kid, Stephen likes to practice martial art at home, but very amaturish. In other word, Stephen's not a professional martial artist like Jet Lee, but he can do high kicks and mimic some moves. If you (jaco) gonna say Stephen likes to contradict himself, I'd say it's probably my fault to made it look that way, if anyone's contradicting, it's me, sorry :bowdown:

Good thing we're both looking forward to this new movie. :thumbsup:

Gentle Fury
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
ever seen Shaolin Soccer? Or God of Cookery?

MrPositive
09-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Anything Stephen Chow makes I'm buying.

P_T
09-28-2008, 03:13 PM
ever seen Shaolin Soccer? Or God of Cookery?Or From Beijing With Love or Chinese Odyssey? "Only youuu~" :D

dohkeehock
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
i cant wait for his new movie, i like his movie new or old, i watch over and over and over.

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.