PDA

View Full Version : snapping in modo

mxdirector
09-22-2008, 05:30 PM
firstly thank you for the help in the other topic, but i would like to go into snapping in more detail.

im a maya man, so for me theres a lot of features im use to. some i can get use to, others i cant.
i viwedd the quicktips in modo, and it became clear that snapping is alot more flexible in modo. i wish to do some more basic things though.

in maya to snap two vertices is bloody easy.
select vertice, hold V and then hover over the vertice i want it to snap to.
i dont get that ease with modo. you can go to "drag snap rigid" which seems to do the job fine. but there is no toggle (to my knowledge) so it becomes a relativly slow process.

in maya if i wish to align two vertices. i select one vertice, click in the axis on the manipultor tool. then i hover over the vertice i wish to align it to.
i have no bloody clue how to do that in modo. been trying to figure it out for a while.

ive googled, and it appears that snapping isnt modo's strong point.

brenly
09-22-2008, 11:53 PM
this is the simple power of Maya that almost makes you want to forgive it for its vast array of flaws.
there is a script on vertexmonkey.com that will give you the axis snapping.

brianod
09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Hey Brenly, I see you use Flickr as you 3D web site and that you use the Pro version. I've been thinking of upgrading to Pro but the video quality seems to a lot like youtube, which is to say pretty poor. Can you control the quality of the video or the size?

Also, I notice you don't use your comment area to explain what you are doing in each animation or what software you are using etc. I do in my Flickr page and have been looking to find other 3D users on Flickr to communicate with. CGSociety doesn't seem to be quite the best forum do this kind of freeform exchange of ideas.

Pro cost's $25 US and thats as expensive as a Web site. Can you post some experiences with Flickr Pro?

Thanks. I'll leave a comment on your most recent Flickr upload so you can view my work, if you want.

Brianod

brenly
09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Brianod ..
I replied to the comment you left on my Flickr site. Id suggest sending me a private message rather than talking about this publicly. Posts off topic get people annoyed. Im happy to talk to you about Flickr Pro even do some tests for you.

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.