PDA

View Full Version : Which versions and books would be good for beginner???

wumf
06-06-2003, 08:04 AM
I was wondering in which way should I brush up my skill with photoshop. I currently own Photoshop 5.5 as well as 7. I do have basic knowledge of how to use photoshop in certain ways but I would really consider myself as beginner.

I just want to know if I should just upgrade myself to 7 or should I at least try to master version 5.5 and then gradually go up to latest version.

Would it be alright for a beginner to just start off with 7 straight away?

I would also like to know if someone is totally to new toward photoshop world, should he or she starts with the older version first or would recommend starting from scratch straightaway from the latest version.

Lastly could anyone recommend some books that are ideal for those like me who are pretty new to certain version of PS as well as books for those who are totally new toward Photoshop all together.

Are the WOW BOOK! series any good???

Thank you very much in advance,

Hash!
06-10-2003, 02:30 PM
I'd say that you should start with the v 7......there are some new tools.....and some short cuts are changing from a version to another.....so if you learn the 5.5 version, you'll be looking for your short cuts and tools in version 7.....concentrate on one version and you'll become faster and won't waste your time in learning the new version again and again!

...i don't know about the good books......sorry!

qwatkins
06-10-2003, 08:09 PM
For those totally new to Photoshop the "Classroom in a Book" series put out by Adobe is good. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it but checking it out from the library if possible because once you go through it you probably wouldn't use it again because it is a tutorial book.

bumskee
06-11-2003, 04:27 AM
hey there,

7 for sure, and as for the books on photoshop, sure it's always worth getting a book, but you should consider looking at PS tutorial sites. There are so many of them and you should be able to get solid instructions through many of them.

if you just search this section of the forum, you should find plenty of links that will direct to those sites.

well good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.