PDA

View Full Version : ADAPT Montreal :: Diary page

PaulHellard
09-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Hi there,

The suspense is building over here in Montreal for the ADAPT conference, beginning tomorrow at the Pepsi AMC Forum. We visited the venue today and it is fitting together really well. Here is the link to the first pre-show diary page. This is where we will be posting all things related to this great boutique CG show.

Click through to here (http://features.cgsociety.org/adapt08/index.php#s4698) for full show diary coverage, growing as the week progresses.

frogchild
09-23-2008, 05:13 AM
Looking like a heck of a show! Will there be audio/remote versions of the courses?

MIKECORRIERO
09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Very cool,

Glad to see there is a diary documenting what's going on. I wish I could have attended. It would be great to see a lot more pictures of some of the exhibits and just the entire set-up and designs in general. Hopefully some video will pop up somewhere, I know there was a small bit of video posted on youtube from last years ADAPT expo. Thanks for keeping us informed Paul.

Mike -

TheJinj
09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I think Adapt shot itself in the leg last year when it moved from the weekend to the week. As a professional working in this (busy) industry there is no way I can make it, even though it is situated this year a block away from my office :(. I came to Adapt 2006 even though I was a poor student at the time and could barely afford it and learned a whole lot, especially from Jeremy Birn, but was inspired by everyone. Now that Adapt is happening in the middle of the week during working hours, I'm sure attendance is way down and the crowd is mostly students. At least that is the way it looked every time I passed by. Too bad, really, since it is a great opportunity to meet and see the cream of the artistic crop. I hope if I am right about my attendance predictions that they consider moving it back to the weekend instead of canceling further conferences...

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.