PDA

View Full Version : Time line and outliner question

hyenaman
09-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi,
Looked around in the forums and the documentation but couldnt find this...
any help will be greatly appreciated....
so.here it is...
Question #1
How do i advance frames in the timeline without moving the animation in time???
(like the middle mouse scrub in Maya for example).
this is very very useful during animation to use inbetween values.
current way to do it is...go to desired frame...insert key frame...move key to desired place in timeline.

Question #2

Lets assume i have 20 objects in my scene...
But i need to turn off renderable for most of them and keep only say 3 renderable.
Is there a way i can select those 3 and then invert the selection to get all the others???
or i still have to select each one by one.???

Thanks in advance
Nirmal David

Yecire
09-21-2008, 03:00 AM
I don't do much animation, so I'm not sure about the first question. But for the second, just select the objects you want to render and hit Ctrl+I (the menu method would be Spacebar > Select > Inverse).

liquidik
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey hyenaman,

you had to make a little mental shift cause Blender doesn't use the timeline like maya. You had to get all your animation in the action editor, which is very powerful.

You can make groups that act sort of like character sets (but are always visible). The middle mouse click of the timeline is a simple duplicate of the keys. You simply select the desired key (if you click on the lower part of the action editor, on a frame number, it'll select all the channels for that frame) and press shift+d to duplicate. then move the key where you want (depending of your prefs you had to press ctrl to not move on fractional values).

After I've set my action editor with groups and everything. I simply collapse everything down to one line and that act as my timeline.

Hope that helps

-Gian

hyenaman
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Ah well...
That's what Ive been doing so far...
I was just wondering if it was available on the time line and I have missed out :)
Plus ...wouldn't that be a great feature to add???as a animator i would think its invaluable...

Kudos and Thanks guys...

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.