PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fanfilm Project Needs 3d Artists...

Cryptite
06-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Some friends of mine have begun a Star Wars Fanfilm project. When it is completed, we intend to submit it to TheForce.net (http://www.theforce.net) so it can be viewed online by lotsa folks. The film is currently in its pre-production stages. I'm still working on the script, and we're still gathering supplies to shoot the film with. Overall, the general query is a request for some good modellers and animators to help out with the 3d aspect of the film (which will likely be significant). Here are some cg pictures I have done to help pre-visualize the movie and get an idea of what we'll be doing:
http://cryptite.f2o.org/fanfilmimages/moviescreens-2.jpghttp://cryptite.f2o.org/fanfilmimages/gunshipattack.jpg
The movie is set shortly after Episode 2 and the plot is as follows. A team of Jedi is dispatched from the Jedi Council in Coruscant to Naboo to investigate a possible hidden battle droid base. Thought to be hidden by stealth technology and used to relay communications between Separatists, the Jedi must find the base and take it out. A unit of clone troopers and a small attack force will be sent in to pummel the base and serve as a distraction so the Jedi can slip in unnoticed and take the base outside from the inside. The following are more pictures of us ourselves playing around to see what we'll look like with sabers:
http://cryptite.f2o.org/fanfilmimages/alexvstom-longss.jpghttp://cryptite.f2o.org/fanfilmimages/reallylongshot-1ss.jpg

I have thus far modeled a few ships and some buildings for Coruscant but as for that, that is it. I need some people with a good knowledge of 3ds Max to help out with battle droid character animations, texturing, and modelling etc. To see some more stuff about the film, check out: http://cryptite.f2o.org/fanfilm.html to see some movies (movies of the pictures you see too) and concept art we have done. Please let me know if you are interested in helping with the project. My email address is cryptite@hotmail.com
Thanks!

TheFreak
06-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey Cryptite

I just had a look at your light sabre movies and they rock.

That looked like so much fun to make and you guys really have the choreography down to a tee.

Not sure what i can do in this movie though cause i don't have a lot of exp with ships and the like but if you have a list of things in mind that you want modeled perhaps i can help. If not then i'm sure there are plenty of people here who can.

Keep up the good work though, can't wait to see this finished.

maje3d
06-25-2003, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry I hadn't seen this before. I'd be happy to donate some of the models I made for the X-wing Alliance Upgrade Project. Granted, these are models that were made a while back and are only around a 2k poly-count max. So at the very least, you have some background ships flying in Coruscant's traffic lanes.

The models I made were the Supa Fighter, Light Calamari Cruiser, Mobquet Transport, Mines A, B, and C, and Utility TUG.

In fact, you can see screenies at www.xwaupgrade.com

I hope this is of some help!

Cryptite
06-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Are you willing to assist in modeling for the project. Sadly, the models you have provided are of little use because the story is set around Episode 2 and X-wings havent been in use yet...

maje3d
06-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I was just thinking that for any background ships, you might be able to use a few.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to any group projects at the moment as I'm trying to get a few solos out of the way (namely, my 3d model/animation of Megatron and incorporating a Deinonychus that I made a while back into a Dino-Riders Project).

I do wish you guys luck though!

Btw, what ships were you guys going to use? EU stuff or just strictly AotC material?

Cryptite
06-27-2003, 01:19 AM
Well, there is likely to be a mixture of ships from both Episode 1 and 2, so basically, the prequel crafts...

Dancing Monkey
06-27-2003, 02:31 AM
How defined do the models need to be?

Cryptite
06-27-2003, 03:11 AM
Well it depends on what we're using them for... For Coruscant, the models can be relatively low-poly since they will likely be used as background fillers... you know... For other things like turrets and many other things they need to be high res.. The Republic Gunship model and Naboo Starfighter model are both very high-res and hold up well to close up shots.. This is good because there will be scenes similar to AotC where Jedi are inside the gunships, jumping off of them heading to battle etc...

Dancing Monkey
06-27-2003, 02:57 PM
How experienced are you in green-screening? Having a live-action character ride in a 3D spaceship can be quite a task.

Anywho, I can do some concept art and maybe some background ships, I might even try my hand at some better stuff, but you might not want me to try and model anything that's from the original movies, mostly because I'm more of one whose art becomes hindered when I'm held to a purely specific idea. I've been looking for a team to help with just so I'd have some 3D stuff to do. Sadly, though, I won't be able to texture, though. I have Wings 3D, which is a great modeling package, but the texturing areas of it are strangely horrible.

So, once again, I'm open for concept art and modeling.

Cryptite
06-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Well as for my experience in green and blue screening, i've never done it before. But i'm interested in trying it out and I have some pretty good ideas on how to do it. I'd love it if you could help with art and modeling... Visit the website and it will give you a better idea of whats going on.. I'll try and set you up an account in the members area so you can see the script and have a better idea what your doing...

Dancing Monkey
06-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Cool. I should be getting my computer back from the shop today. My e-mail is gelloband@hotmail.com in-case you need me. And, you might be able to check up on me on AIM tomorrow. My SN is gelloband.

Dancing Monkey
06-29-2003, 02:49 AM
Well, we've got a problem. My computer just got back and once again, Gateway has screwed it up... Their award service award must have been given to a store in Switzerland... because around here I get nothing. So, my modeling services aren't available for now, but I can still hook you up with some concept sketches... Though, there haven't been many updates to this thread as of late... Remember that you can e-mail me anytime with updates...

Cryptite
06-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Ok, well i'll try to email you whenever we get an update on something. Currently the project is kind of moving slowly. I am going to get my local friends (cast and crew) together for a meeting so we can discuss the rest of the script and finally finalize one... Once that happens, you will be able to start contributing... PM me for an account name and password you want for your login on my site...

Dancing Monkey
06-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi. I just PMed you so whenever my accounts active just contact me somehow. Stupid Gateway. They can't even help get the computer back and running...

Petrik
07-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Well if you are providing the concept artwork I'd be willing to help out with modelling.

Dancing Monkey
07-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Rock on! I'm in! Once the script is finished, I'll add my useless comments and do some concepts.

CuTnPaste
07-03-2003, 07:15 PM
well
great sabres integration! :)

good luck

:thumbsup:

Cryptite
07-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Well we now have a Forum for the site for those of you who wanted to help with the movie. Go to the site to get there. It's also in the members area. http://cryptite.f2o.org/fanfilm.html
Thanks cutnpaste!

Cryptite
07-04-2003, 05:47 PM
We still need more help if anyone is interested. I'll give you guys here the link to the board so you can see some of our work as it is moving along. Right now we need 3d Artists skilled in Modelling most of all. Anyone who is talented in modelling characters, ships, and/or environments is highly needed. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks
The Fanfilm Forum (http://cryptite.f2o.org/forum/index.php)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.