PDA

View Full Version : loading mia material .mel preset problem

2xbo
09-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi guys,

i downloaded a material preset from mymentalray.com but i have some troubles to get it work.
I have an environment variable under:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\mayaWholeSettings

so i put mi stone.mel presets under:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\mayaWholeSettings\presets\attrPresets

Should i change or write some lines in the Maya.env to get work the preset .mels?
MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH =
MI_CUSTOM_SHADER_PATH =
MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH =

Everything works perfect if put the stone.mel preset where MaYa was install:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2008\presets\attrPresets\

After i copied the .mel preset there and i want to use that preset on a mia_material (for example) MaYa give me this error:
// Warning: Preset type mi_stone_phen does not match current selection.

and the stone preset doesnt load the .mel preset in the desired mia_material.

How could i remove this problem?

I will really appreciate any help.

Cheers
XBO

djx
09-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi XBO, (I replied to your email, but I will post here in case anyone else is interested).

The default location is something like X:\david\maya\2008-x64\presets and in there is expected to be a folder called attrPresets and then in there the presets can be grouped in folders named the same as the node they apply to. So if you have presets for mia_material_x then they would go in a folder called X:\david\maya\2008-x64\presets\attrPresets\mia_material_x.

If you want to use Maya.env to specify the location using an environment variable then the one you want is MAYA_PRESET_PATH
Note that if your attributes presets folder is X:\xavier\presets\attrPresets then you would need to add the following line to Maya.env

MAYA_PRESET_PATH = X:\xavier\presets;

Notice how I didn't specify the attrPresets folder. Maya assumes that this will be inside the folder you specify with MAYA_PRESET_PATH

Now you said your preset is called mi_stone.mel. How did you make the preset? Did you save it from the presets menu in the attribute editor? If so I don't know why it wouldn't be working.
Have you checked the contents of the file? The first uncommented line should look like this...

startAttrPreset( "mia_material_x" );

If it does not look like that then it will not work with mia_material_x.

Let me know if this doesn't help you and maybe send me a copy of the preset file.

-- David

2xbo
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi djx, (i also replied you via eMail)

i guess someone outside will be also interested and have the same problem i had.

Works perfect what do you described.

Thank you very much djx.

Cheers
XBO

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2008, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.