PDA

View Full Version : What Lies Beneath - VFX Challenge - VFX

vfx
06-05-2003, 10:18 PM
OK, I'm definitely in this time, got some more free time. I will upload my ideas soon.

Tuqui-tuqui
06-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Good luck!!! :bounce:

vfx
06-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Ok, I have finalised my idea.

Open with a man running down a long dark corridor(sewer thingy), his movements are fast and messy, his hand slums against the wet walls, his feet splash in puddles, as he makes his escape, the steam pours from vents. He soon comes to a halt, he turns to look behind him, and pauses, he notices a power switch on the wall, and carefully switches it on. The flickering lights hold steady and fill down the corridor, and as the power surges, a wind picks up, and rushes down the corridor. Cut to a close up of the runner, his face fills with disbelief and worry. Cut to a menacing caped figure, with sword in hand. He is very much hidden in the shadows, his cape lifts with the wind. The steam rises around him, and then we cut to a closeup, his head lifts, his eyes gleam in the light, and under the shadows, we can make out his grin. End.

I realise that this is very ambitious, but hey when an idea flows I can't stop it! Got a lot to achieve in 15 seconds, but we'll see how it goes.

Expect a storyboard in the next 24 hrs, in the meantime, here is a pic I found that best suits what I want my menacing caped figure to look like. I believe he is from Inquisitor, and they have named him Eldar Ranger but he is yet to be released. I have begun modeling him, so expect updates soon.

Tuqui-tuqui
06-13-2003, 01:13 AM
Awesome idea!!!! :applause:

I realise that this is very ambitious, but hey when an idea flows I can't stop it! Got a lot to achieve in 15 seconds, but we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, be careful.. the same thing happened to me, and i had to change it :shrug:

SdFX
06-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Sounds incredible and like a very nice idea , but how will you manage to ” Cut to a close up of the runner” and “Cut to a menacing caped figure”, when the camera has to be locked down?

Just a thought.

Cheers
SdFX
www.specialDeffects.com

vfx
06-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Cutting from the runner to the CG figure means 2 entirley separate shots, so the one that cuts to the CG figure will be locked down.

Hope that makes it more obvious.

Bischofftep
06-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by vfx
here is a pic I found that best suits what I want my menacing caped figure to look like. I believe he is from Inquisitor, and they have named him Eldar Ranger but he is yet to be released. I have begun modeling him, so expect updates soon.

Hey, very nice. I like the figure. Games Workshop stuff for the Inquisitor range makes for some great CG inspiration.

Looking forward to seeing the live video of this!

vfx
07-06-2003, 01:00 AM
Hey people, Sorry for the delay, but I have had other priorities, but I am doing my best to shoot something, my storyboard, and models are coming along nicely, but I'll only post when I am sure I can shoot some film. So expect updates closer to the closing date, when I'll dump everything at once.

vfx
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Boo hoo, I've booked a holiday and it won't give me time to finish this challenge. It seems so many have dropped out or not entered this one so I apologise for dropping, but send my luck to those still progressing. Guess I'll finish it in my own time for my showreel. Anyway Special luck to Sdfx - love their work so far!

SdFX
07-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Too bad, man...People are dropping like flies from this challenge - hope to see you on the next one, vfx! ...and thanks for the kind words! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.