PDA

View Full Version : text per particle

odinuk
09-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey,

Could anyone tell me how I could create a random text mesh per particle using pFlow?

i dont really want to do it manually, which i think would mean creating 26 emitters and a text mesh for each emitter. Barmy!!!

thanks in advance

O

DanHibiki
09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
well there's two ways. One is to use a facing shape for the particles and use a set of text materials. You can use Material Frequency to switch between ten material IDs.

The other way is to use split amount which sends out a random number of particles and you can assign a different Shape for each one.

JohnnyRandom
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
a third way... use the PF Tools Box#1 or Creativity Extension Shape Plus operator. Has predefined text shapes.

charleyc
09-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Or, use Shape Instance with either A) a single string of text and use Separate Particles by Object Element or, B) if there are multiple elements per character (like lower case i) create your text as separate objects, link them together and use Separate Particles by Object and Children.

odinuk
09-19-2008, 08:52 AM
That's fantastic!
Will have a go at those options.

Thanks very much for your replies.

O

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2008, 08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.