PDA

View Full Version : TIF 32 and alpha disappears

Julez4001
04-26-2002, 09:17 PM
Fir all you 3d heads out there, In the PS 6 and 7, when you load a 32 bit tif into PS, the bg automatically alpha outs , this is kool to a point but if i had a picture in the bg of my 3d characters .. then no its not kool.

Is there a setting I can disable this function somewhere. It doesn't do it in Pshop 5.5.

ACFred
05-06-2002, 06:45 AM
Hey Julez,

Does this happen with all 32-bit TIFFs or just those you're creating when saving out one of your renders?
You seem experienced in 3D, so you've probably already thought of this, but have you checked to make sure that the Alpha option on your renderer is turned off?

I did some tests in Maya (the only one I'm really familiar with) and Photoshop treated the Tiffs properly. Even where the alpha channel was created, the background was still there, but it was removable if I created an inverted selection from the alpha.

Which package are you using?

HarlequiN
05-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Never noticed this in 6, but in 7 holding down alt while opening the file should solve the problem.

There may be an option somewhere to disable this properly, but I have no idea where and I couldn't find it in the documentation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.