PDA

View Full Version : Struggle with RPF Motion Blur

kreuz
09-18-2008, 06:42 AM
i rendered the RPF files sequence and storaged the channels that would be used in RPF motion blur in CB. I Found that even i lifted the RPF motion blur amount to 100, it still worked bad with the images. There are only a little blur with the images but not good as i thought. My shot is only with fast movement of the camera, and all objects are static, I am wondering how i could do to generate a better motion blur toward my pictures. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

BR
kreuz

kreuz
09-18-2008, 07:06 AM
i rendered the RPF files sequence and storaged the channels that would be used in RPF motion blur in CB. I Found that even i lifted the RPF motion blur amount to 100, it still worked bad with the images. There are only a little blur with the images but not good as i thought. My shot is only with fast movement of the camera, and all objects are static, I am wondering how i could do to generate a better motion blur toward my pictures. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

BR
kreuz

I Use Brazil 1.2.66 ;p

daysleeper
09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
hi,
try to increase the the value of the Shutter ... that's in case you're using the default Motion Blur of Combustion

regards ;)

lehmi
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
don"t know if that works in brazil, but if you use scanline or mental ray you can always right click any object and then in the properties dialogue higher the image motion blur multiplier.

I always use 3 as a multiplier which allows me to have sufficient motionblur... if it's too much you can always use numbers between 0 and 0.9 in combustion.

McMaster
10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Make sure to store not only the velocity-value in your rpf, but also the other channels that are important for motion-blur in rpfs. In the combustion help docs there is a table which channels you need.

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.