PDA

View Full Version : motion/shape tween layer in afterFX?

Houkah
04-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Hello all, I have a scene where the camera is completely up against a sign and as it's pulling away the sign changes to something else. I'm a complete newbie at afterFX. I need to change the images on the sign. The problem is when i make a layer and try to change the rotation and scale and everything, i can't get any type of perspective effect going on the tween. I tried the perspective corner pinning, but it doesn't seem to work too well. Is there any way to create the layer and simply distort the corners myself and tween them?

Houkah
04-27-2002, 02:46 AM
Ok i figured it out using the pen tool and tweening the shape of the mask. My problem is i'm testing it out with just a black frame, when i make a short movie to test the black frame inside the mask it gets extremely pixellated. (Rather than having smooth edges) any way around this?

Houkah
04-27-2002, 03:14 AM
Ok nevermind a mask wasn't the right way to go. I need to find some way to do a free form deformation on a layer itself. Is there any way to do this??? Anybody?? Am i forced to constantly reply to myself? :-( heheh

Velodrome
04-29-2002, 04:54 AM
Try to track the sign with 4 pin tracking. That may work...

Houkah
04-29-2002, 07:35 AM
Yeah I tried that and it was just annoying. Everytime I analyzed it would go all out of whack. I probably just don't know what i'm doing. I'm going to try making a 3d layer and manually setting the position/rotation on monday.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.