PDA

View Full Version : Count particles via MaxScript; MR Proxies

Rockin
09-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Hello everybody,
I'm having a go with Bobo's script to use MR Proxies (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=5085281&postcount=532).

The problem is that my PFlow uses some tests, and the script doesn't generate proxies for the particles that go through other events. It seems that PFlow.numParticles doesn't give the result I want :(

While I know how to code, MaxScript is new to me, and I cannot find the way to get to the particles that go through those events.

Once there, I think I could manage to do specific stuff to the particles in each event.. but I need a way to get to all the particles. Any hints anyone?

Bobo
09-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Are you saying that MY script does not take into account the particles going through other events? (It should, it reads the top-level particles from the Emitter).
Or is it some code you wrote that is doing that?
Please clarify.

Rockin
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Yes, the original version of the script doesn't work either. Here is the text version of the PF.

BirthPaint
PlacementPaint
Rotation3d
SplitAmount (80%) -------------------------------------> Event 02
GroupSelection (Cylinder Gizmo) ShapeInstance (Box02)
SplitByGroup --------------------> Event 03 Display (Geometry)
ShapeInstance(Box01) ShapeInstance (Box03)
Display (Geometry) Display (Geometry)

Somehow the script misses all the particles that are split and go through events 02 and 03. I've spent all day trying to get it to work to no avail :arteest: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)
Eventually, I'll want to assign different mr proxies to the particles that go through those events.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help - the script as it is, is still very useful, in the end I might just put the randomizer there, and avoid splits in the PFlow.

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.