PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe for Animation

Wiley3d
09-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi there. My brother and I are making an animation for our senior year project. The main character is a butcher. I modeled the basic head model but wanted to get some opinions on the wireframe and how I might optimize it for animation. Here are some 2d Expressions I will need to be able to do, and the 3d Wireframe. Any feedback would be great! Thanks.
The Short is called "Butchered" by Nick and Eric Wiley
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jumpingyoshi/wireframe-1.jpg

urban-rebellion
09-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I dont know too much about animation so sorry I cant help you out with any suggestions, but I do want to say that I am VERY taken with the character design. I think that often the best character design is when you can tell what sort of a character they are (how they talk, there little foibles, motivations etc) just by how they look. Reading that there it sounds so simple but a lot of people forget that. I think its a lot to do with expressions you've got down there which are spot on. Hope you keep posting so we can see the final animation and keep up the awesome work.

Cheers :thumbsup:

digitalREFLECT
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
The wireframe looks good. You have concentric circles around the mouth, flow lines of the face look good. You shouldnt have too much problem getting this to deform well. The character design is great too. Just make sure you build enough control into the rig to achieve those shapes in the drawings.

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.