PDA

View Full Version : Problem about forking Pixar Lpcis

Blackstone
09-14-2008, 02:56 AM
I am forking the Pixar Lpcis for my studio, implemented NVIDIA Cg shader assembling, do not like the RSL automatic cache in ILM Lightspeed, but I am facing a big problem, I can make sure that the shader is the same, but the shading result is a little different, do not know whether the problem happened, gamma correction ? or constract ? I do not apply any color correction operation in my Cg shader,

Here is generated by RenderMan

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=132850&stc=1

My program rendered,

http://lh5.ggpht.com/Bo.Schwarzstein/SMx82-uRgOI/AAAAAAAAA_w/nkA3LM3y0qA/s576/RL.PNG.png

Thanks for your help !

playmesumch00ns
09-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Can't see the renderman image.

jude3d
09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
well ,now pixar introduce in the rps 14 a re rendering mode to do that efficiently without any other shading trick you just need to implement the thing into your relighting tool and it really cool.
I can tell at this time this is not fully production ready because it doesn't support all the feature, but it would be in the 14.5 for sure with tone of improvement. So try that and be patient for the full rerendering technology over the entire feature of prman.

Blackstone
09-18-2008, 01:31 AM
well ,now pixar introduce in the rps 14 a re rendering mode to do that efficiently without any other shading trick you just need to implement the thing into your relighting tool and it really cool.
I can tell at this time this is not fully production ready because it doesn't support all the feature, but it would be in the 14.5 for sure with tone of improvement. So try that and be patient for the full rerendering technology over the entire feature of prman.

I knew Prman 14.0 will be release, but really do not know its relighting tool. The NVIDIA Gelato owns one, but not easy to use, can't be combined in our production pipeline. Personally I want to make a ILM Lightspeed-like tool, I also have implement CUDA accelerate point cloud ray tracing, model reconstruction, and some others. :-(

So, I will continue to develop, but wait for Prman 14.0 :-)

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2008, 01:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.