PDA

View Full Version : MB Questions

dragonfollower
06-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I just had a couple questions about MB. I'm trying to do some Disney/Pixar like animation. Is MB capable of doing highly expressive work like this?

Second, what kind of options does MB has for doing facial animation? Is there any way of saving facial poses with the base object like in Animation Master?

Third, how easy is it to set up and rig custom characters (ones with say.....capes)?

Oh! and one more....

How is bone influence determined and is it easy/accurate?

Thanks in advance...

-Brian

Michel Besner
06-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes, you have all the tools to animate poses and facial expressions right inside of MOTIONBUILDER.

For objects like capes, you have a wide array of tools such as expressions and relations that will allow you to built the proper config.

You can either bring in pre-weighted models from any 3D app or also use our buillt-in skinning tool (basic skinning).

Hope this answers your questions ...

M.

3DDave
06-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Michel Besner
Yes, you have all the tools to animate poses and facial expressions right inside of MOTIONBUILDER.

For objects like capes, you have a wide array of tools such as expressions and relations that will allow you to built the proper config.

You can either bring in pre-weighted models from any 3D app or also use our buillt-in skinning tool (basic skinning).

Hope this answers your questions ...

M.

Will the keyframe facial animation capabilities be included in the base package?

dragonfollower
06-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info!

-Brian

dragonfollower
06-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Could someone tell me where I can find out more about the custom rigging and facial animation capabilities? I've tried the Kaydara site, but can find nothing on these two subjects.

Thanks

-Brian

3DDave
06-05-2003, 09:41 PM
3DBuzz has training videos for download.

VTM #3 and VTM #4 are the one's that have what your looking for.

roguenroll
06-05-2003, 10:03 PM
yep, #4 has a cool, lipsync one, set up vowel sound morphs on face, and then apply an audio file, it'll do most of the work instantly, then just tweak to look right.

After you set up cool morphs, (from what I understand on the CD), you can literally talk into the microphone and the char. will interactively talk with your voice in real time, good for convention shows, and the like.

very cool

Michel Besner
06-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 3DDave
Will the keyframe facial animation capabilities be included in the base package?

Absolutely !

M.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.