PDA

View Full Version : Wacom on Vista customization

DangerousCliff
09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm trying to come to grips with Vista, and am severely disgruntled with the "idiot-proofing" that makes it nearly impossible (for me at least) to go in and do simple stuff like assign what I want the buttons on my Wacom to do.

So far, I've been able to turn on and off some flicking, and the Wacom is either in absolute or mouse mode randomly on boot. I say random- I haven't consulted an oracle or a horoscope to see if the rising and falling of Venus and Mars are actually to blame for how the tablet will behave on any given day.

I've searched the forums, and google, wacom knowledge base, and windows help, and clicked on every setting I can find in the windows settings.

Please help! surely, I'm not the only one that likes to choose how the pen and buttons work!

I'm running Vista Ultimate on an 24" iMac using bootcamp, the Wacom is an (admittedly) ancient Graphire4. Latest drivers from Wacom, and even a few versions back. no luck.

Saurus
09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I believe there is an article in this forum regarding your issue. From what I can remember (I too run Vista/Wacom), current version Wacom driver has an issue, so you have to get previous version.

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.