PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone enjoy the Free screening of "Clone Wars"

Pixelcarver
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I wanted to see what people thought of the movie? I thought some of the animations were a little rigid, rough. I know it was geared towards a younger audience I snoozed at some of it and had to walk out after 35 minutes.

ksharp25
10-10-2008, 04:19 AM
I have not yet seen it. I plan to on video. I too was disapointed in the animation some just from previews. I remember fondly the Cartoon Network Clone Wars series and have both DVD volumes. I think the fact a new series on CN in the same animation style of the movie was no accident. It seems like an intro for kids. Get them excited to continue watching after the movie. I understand, but I as other hardcore Star Wars geeks feel a little sold out by the whole deal.

Part of me is biased. Ever since I saw Final Fantasy Spirits Within, and Advent Children, and the incredible realism of that animation, I wonder why we still dont see that level now all these years after as more or less the "norm" for full length animation features not marketed directly for children.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2008, 04:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.