PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Merge node

Klytia
09-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Hy guys,
I got little Problems with my Fusion Composition..
I try to explain the problem:

I want to merge two sequence animations ( .Jpg files)..
I have imported the sequences in two Loader nodes;
I have created the Merge node and I connected the first animation to the Background input and the second one to the Foreground input and I set the screen mode.
and here there is the problem!!
The Merge node works only until the frame 301 ( that corrispond to the duration of the first animation!)
How can I do to extend the merge operation to the end of the second animation (frame 750)?

Thanks a lot in advance

pradeepmamgain
09-13-2008, 02:11 AM
How can I do to extend the merge operation to the end of the second animation (frame 750)?

You can do one of two things, either loop the loader1, you would see a loop option in loader control or hold the last frame upto frame 750. For this go to timeline and drag the last end of loader timeline bar while holding control down. You would see bar extension in yellow.

Hope it will help.

marchermann
09-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Are you merging the long animation on top of the short animation? A Merge node always needs to be fed a background, so if you have connected the short animation to the BG input, it will run out of it and not render anymore. I usually use a BG node as the base and then merge everything else on top through the FG input.

Don't know whether this helps. Maybe you can post a screenshot if you haven't figured it out yet.

Marc

tom.hanks
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
You can use the clip list option on the loader.
It allows you to assemble your sequences in just one loader, you just have to insert them in the desired order.

Klytia
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks a lot to all of you,
you were very usefull :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.