PDA

View Full Version : Game Icons - Character - Cbadger85

cbadger85
06-05-2003, 03:39 AM
The name of the game is "Red Ryder", after the protagonist's ship.

It's the future, mankind has spread to the stars, but it's not the utopia people pictured it would be. Space stations are comparable to city slums, with violence and drugs running rampant. And now there is some kinda disease that causes sever paranoid schizophrenia and physcial augmentation through mass amounts of adrenaline. You could empty an entire round into an infected and they can still get back up and continue fighting. So what is going to be done about this? Well the CDC (Center for Disease Control) has formed a special unit to handle the problem. Actually it's just one man, John Doe. (Still thinking up a name.) John Doe was part of a special unit that was sent to handle the Europan Uprising. He single handedly crushed the rebelion after the majority of his unit was killed. Of course he was given all kinds of medals and accomodations one of which was how he was able to peserve innocent lives. Of course, this was 40 years ago... he has spent the past 11 years doing bounty work. His newly aquired position requires him to destroy the infected (there isn't a cure) by any means necessary and to possibly get to the source of the problem.

Incase some of you are wondering, yes, he is a sixty plus man but he is fit for his age. He doesn't consider himself old, just more experienced. I got the idea for an older hero from "The Boys from Brazil" in which the protagonist is a 70 year old nazi hunter.
The game is going to be a 3rd person shooter like "Max Payne". I'll upload a concept sketch tomorrow hopefully. Anyways, Tell me what you guys think of the idea. Yay or Nay is fine. And if you have any ideas as for the name of the character that would be great.

Cedaie
06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Sounds very interesting, using the idea of an aged main character certainly has it's originality, maybe you can keep those awful Max Payne smile stretch marks as wrinkles on your character, heh.

Keep at it. ;)

cbadger85
06-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Ok, changing the story a little bit. Remember how I said he preserved innocent life? Scratch that. Lots of innocent people died. There are going to be a few levels in the game where you kill some soldier and his body turns into some young boy. Then later the boy comes back to life to kill you along with all the others you accidently killed. Then you wake up. Also, for each infected you kill in the game, you will get money, but this depends on how you kill them. If you blow thier head off, you don't get much. If the body is pretty much intact, then you get more money. With your money, you can buy new weapons and ammo, instead of randomly finding a missle launcher on the ground. Anyways, tomorrow I'll try and get a concept posted, later.

cbadger85
06-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Ok, here is my concept sketch. If you can't tell, he is supposed to be a desperato type character like in America's Western Frontier. Oh, and that's a shotgun strapped to his back. And ignore the hands, I wasn't in the mood to draw them.

cbadger85
06-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Hello all! Well, I am about done with the head, and I would post some pics except that my computer has been really buggy lately and somehow there is a mysterious password on my bios. So open it up to reset the bios and while I'm in there I decide to clean the dust out since I haven't done that in 9 months. As I clean, I see this black thing fall out. Immediately I recognize it as a spider. Yes that's right, there was a spider in my computer. I don't think it did any damage, but I am blaming it on the reason my computer is down. The worst part is, I think it was the same spider that was watching me a few weeks ago. They're out to get me I tell you. Heed my words, watch out for the arachnids!

cbadger85
06-19-2003, 08:40 PM
I've got good news! My comp is back up... sorta. I just got to reinstall all my apps and I'll be ready to get back to work. Expect an update soon.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.