PDA

View Full Version : Game Cinematic - David Simon - Peregrine

theleast
09-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Yet another "College assesment blog" thread. They made us do it :surprised

The assessment is a short (minimum 10 seconds) animation of a high-res character for a hypothetical game cinematic. For my character, "Peregrine", I've chosen a bird of prey theme (as the name implies). The final animation will have her perched above a futuristic city street (Bladerunner-esque) like a gargoyle. She will stand, spread her wings, leap off her perch and dive head-first towards the street (like a falcon). Just before she hits the ground she will flip her body, spread her wings to slow her descent and land feet-first.

Her hands have three claws rather than fingers, and her feet are mechanical talons. At the moment I'm planning on making her wings a series of rigid blades which slide over eachother, but that's still up for discussion.

Concept and front reference are finished - side, top and rear are to come. Wings will be modelled separately.

theleast
09-13-2008, 04:08 AM
I've concluded that the only way to settle on a design for the wings would be to actually block them out in 3D and see what worked. Here's a quick test-render of an articulation scheme which I think I'm happy with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYHwLBl64s

urban-rebellion
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Looks cool :thumbsup:

The test is of course a test, but Im not 100% taken with the animation. Thats just me though. wings by and large are tricky to tackle (which is why I dont :P) so Ill be interested to see what you come up with. Keep it up and keep posting!

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.