PDA

View Full Version : QANTM Game Cinematic - Laurence Dircks - Crusader

PowderMonkey
09-12-2008, 01:34 AM
progress posts for an assignment at uni
the assignment has 2 distinct stages - create and rig a character, and create a 10 second game cinematic using the character

out of 3 briefs given, i've chosen to make a good character that looks evil. i'm doing a badass crusader character. i haven't decided whether to take him in a traditional direction, or go quasi-futuristic; i'm still bouncing around ideas on that front.

i don't have a scanner handy, but i'll post reference images and sketches when i get home. (and when i've sorted out my website, which i've been putting off for a while)

for now, here is a reference image of Gantu, from Lilo and Stitch. i'll be using a figurine which i have at home for the body structure and anatomy reference for my character.

http://disney-clipart.com/Lilo-Stitch/characters/Captain-Gantu.jpg

more coming later today

PowderMonkey
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
ok, so maybe not today. i had to go and vote today because i have work tomorrow, and that effectively ate up all my spare time.

try and get some done over the weekend, but i guess we'll see what happens...

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.