PDA

View Full Version : Motoko Kusanagi, Daniel Stilley (3D)

dstills
09-11-2008, 05:37 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/306579/306579_1221111457_medium.jpg

Title: Motoko Kusanagi
Name: Daniel Stilley
Software: mental ray, Photoshop, XSI, ZBrush

I was working on a female head a while back and was using it as a basis to familiarize myself with SSS shaders for skin. While working I decided I wanted to make a Sci-Fi character and chose Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell (mainly because her hair is cool). I have only really worked on the head so far, but I have a body proxy built and posed just in case I find the time and willpower to complete it.

This was modeled and rendered in Softimage XSI and uses a combination of transparency mapped polygons along with XSI hair to create the hair. This image has a little paintover hair to give it a little more polish.

Let me know what you guys think. I don't usually get that much feedback so any critiques or suggestions or anything at all would be great.

dstills
09-11-2008, 07:03 AM
I wanted to post the rest of the unfinished model and get some suggestions on weather or not it's a good idea to do the rest of it. So here it is.

http://features-temp.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/306579/306579_1221111553_medium.jpg

I was thinking about adding a simple environment. Maybe shes looking around a corner? I don't know yet. I still have a ways to go.

-Dan

arnee84
09-11-2008, 11:47 AM
the render is nice, but I'm a huge fan of gits and you haven't got the face right yet and the lip ring doesn't quite suit her the pose for full char is nice though..try place her behind a tachikoma. Which generation of the mayor u making if its sac the eye color need to be change and hair more purple.

urban-rebellion
09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
cool pose for the rest of the model. awesome head too, just two small things. the hair specular seems to bright and disctracting, but maybe thats just a style choice. and the lips have no bump which makes them seem wierd. love to see what you do with the body though cos its looking great so far!

Cheers

Cyborgguineapig
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Nice job, I think just some improvements with the materials can be made as the face appears made out of wax more than skin right now. Some more blemishing and color shades in face might help, like under the eye where its typically darker (unless she has makeup on). Also the hair right next to the ear looks odd clipping through the other planes. Other than that, keep going with your work. :)

schizo
09-16-2008, 06:32 AM
nice...but i think her lips is too 'full'...the major in gits looks like has thinner lips, so it makes her look meaner...

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2008, 06:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.