PDA

View Full Version : emitting particles from particles trouble

olli20
09-10-2008, 03:03 PM
HI,

I run into trouble doing one of the easiest things, emitting a prticle object from another particle object. The case is that i want to create a setup for a gun, shooting projectiles which emit a little smoke trail behind.

As you can see in the picture i attached the smoketrail particles which are emitted from the projectile particles are shooting in the opposite direction also. The thing is that they are emitted without any speed or something like this. I would expect them to form a proper trail only between the emitter and the emitting particle, but it doesnt. One thing that i figured out is that the lenght of this overshoot depends on the speed the emitting particle object has, but the fact at all makes no sense to me.
So i hope that you understood what i tried to say with my poor english and that someone has an answer to this problem...
thanks

oli

bluehonda
09-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Try checking your particle trails emitter type is. It might be set to directional that is emitting at the opposite direction. Sometime this happens depending on your emitter attributes. It can also occur with the settings and position of fields. or try recreating the effect at a different empty scene. If it works in the new scene. Then probably there is something in the previous scene that you set too high or missed.

Hope that was helpful.

olli20
09-11-2008, 06:37 AM
yeah Ichecked it several times before, recreated the effect in an empty scene and it still remains the same. emitter type is omni, with no speed settings, no Min/Max Attributes set, soi dont know....

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2008, 06:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.