PDA

View Full Version : Rigging a character

dondixon
06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Ok i have heard different theroys on this but what is the best order in which to do things is it model texture then skin and if that is the order would it matter if I modeled a character skined it and then added the texture on later? If anyone knows whats up let me know.

DON

LostSoul╣13
06-05-2003, 12:23 AM
As long as you unwrap it before u rigg it its all good.

loked
06-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey characteranim78 ,

The general workflow that I follow is obviously to always model the character first and then unwrap the UV's.

Once this is done, I pretty much mess around between texturing and rigging. Sometimes I get bored of rigging the character and so I texture him a bit. It doesnt really matter, as long as your UV's are done straight after you've modelled. Once your UV's are set, no matter how many adjustments you make to your textures, they will fit the same.

Although I must just mention, there might be times after rigging you realise you need to make some adjustments to your model and then your UV's might get messed up.:annoyed: So if you're not a hundred percent sure about how your model will react to the rig, first rig and then texture. :thumbsup:

My method of rigging doesnt require me to worry about UV's, because I dont paint any skin weights, so I guess the whole unwrapping of UV's early doesnt really apply. In this case, you can pretty much do whatever you want in whichever order you want. I would still say go with the workflow mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps!!

later:wavey:
loked

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.