PDA

View Full Version : Race car driver

Michael5188
09-10-2008, 03:42 AM
So I'm doing a painting for my cousin, he's a racer. I have a few things left to do, but the racer (The figure with his back facing) is killing me, I just can't get him to look the way I want. I'm going to step away from a while and hopefully when I come back I'll see something, I was thinking maybe somebody here could offer some direction.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Michael5188/Jasons_Carcopy.jpg

Justinph5
09-10-2008, 04:33 AM
nice looking, however the car seems too long from the way I see it, do you have a reference you could look at? Looks like the whole car just need to be squished with less width. I would also try adding darker shadow to under the center of the car.

ok, as for the figure (bear with me, i'm just guessing ;) ) the positioning looks very uncomfortable., like his whole body is leaning. I would rather see his back not arched, and him leaning against the car with his arms/hands on the car propping him up, like he resting outside the car. and then give him a stare (as if he's focused or a daydreaming look) like looking down to the right.

again thats just my opinion, as others would say, and would really help: lean up against a car or table yourself, notice how you lean on it, whats most confortable, the way your body shifts to it. Then get a picture of your backside while doing that so you can see yourself and what it looks like. Even from your back you should see an expression of relaxed and even a sense of looking at something.

Hope atleast a bit of that helps :)

Michael5188
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice! I need this done by tomorrow, so I don't really have time to change the position of the figure to that extent. I also didn't want the face showing. I faded the colors, I want the driver to fade into the background, the focus should be on the car.

I worked on it a bit more, I'm to the point where I just want to call it finished. If there's anything that really stands out as wrong please give a heads up, I might be missing it.

(Photobucket seems to be changing the colors slightly on images I upload, anybody else ever have that problem?)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Michael5188/Jasons_Carcopy-1.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.