PDA

View Full Version : About forum

Troydm
04-26-2002, 03:09 PM
I was just wondering is there any lighting forum !!!
Not only texturing is important !!! Lighting is important too !!!

leigh
04-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm... no, there actually isn't a lighting forum. I guess that kinda falls under the WIP section though, because that forum is very much to do with setting up your scene and that... I think....

Joel Hooks
04-27-2002, 01:48 AM
Lighting and texturing go hand in hand, IMO. At least in so far as a lighting topic wouldn't be OT here.

DominikSusmel
04-27-2002, 04:29 AM
Now, I've browsed through your 'tips', and I've noticed you say you are against procedurals... Now, not this is completely wrong methodology, but it also lacks a real argument.
To cut things short (very short, I don't want to elaborate), best results come from taking both, texs. and procs., and combining them for supreme result. Though, it all depends on the task given, as all is in wonderfull world of Animation.

eirenicon
04-27-2002, 07:11 AM
Then you haven't seen urgaffel's procedurals, because he does some beautiful work with them.

Oh yeah :airguitar

[edit] never mind that, I've seen the argument in question. I also agree with both sides. Cheers :beer:

Troydm
04-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Procedural textures Are good ones to creat some bamping effect for metals and etŮ !!! It's comes handy for spec channel to !!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.