PDA

View Full Version : DemoReel, good? not good?

Dragoonmind
09-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi everybody,

well i should say that im trying for some time to get a job in the cg industry. Mostly in Game Compnays.

Well its my 3rd try and i really hope to get a job. And if its just to have permission to learn for some months in a Company.

Well i did this and i hope it will make me interessting.
I would like to hear what you think of it?

http://www.dragoonmind.dk/data/cool_stuff/DemoReel_preAlpha_by_GlennDrescher.mov
Its 33 MB big.

I did it very simple, just showed what im best in. I did also some textures but they are not that good. The last frame have at the moment no Kontakt info but it is already changed in the renderfile so there will be kontkat info in the last frame in the final video.
There will also be some sound. A good friend of mine is composing something for it at the moment.

And if you have some tips for me i would really aprisiate to hear them.

I thought of to send my application this time with the "old fashion" mail. I heard that the chance that they read it is higher then by email. What do you think?

OneSharpMarble
09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
When I watched it it took a while to load and alot was cut off at the sides of the screen. Back that camera up. I am not a modeler so I can't really comment on the quality of your models. Maybe some more models on your reel an I don't think the textures on your models are helping them any. The way the camera moves is distracting, most good modeling reels I have seen had the camera static and the model rotated.

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.