PDA

View Full Version : Les Beacoup Pollé - Short Dance

carandia
09-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Hello, this time this "guys" are just hanging around and then they just dance they do like to dance and have fun, hope you enjoy it so far, and every comment, suggestion, question or whatever it's absolutely welcome and really wanting to hear it, the song it's from Yann Tiersen, "Les Deux Pianos", some work still to do, thanks in advance for viewing it, the animation itself it's just quick rendered won't have that aspect on the final thing, that's why I attach some images here that are pretty close to what it will be the final look.

Link for the animation on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkAbq5NfxLI)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4742/tobv0.jpg

carandia
09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
here's a test with a closer to look to the final aspect, comments are welcome.

Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gVgGRJRSg)

annoman
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
hey man! perhaps you could add more noticeable secondary motions, as it give more life to the characters. like when the bird goes from left to right, you could put a little bounce there, or a little squash and stretch to the bird as it changes momentum. or even in its eyes.:bounce:

but overall, it's nice. hope to see it soon! :thumbsup:
kudos!

carandia
09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
hey man! perhaps you could add more noticeable secondary motions, as it give more life to the characters. like when the bird goes from left to right, you could put a little bounce there, or a little squash and stretch to the bird as it changes momentum. or even in its eyes.:bounce:

but overall, it's nice. hope to see it soon! :thumbsup:
kudos!

Hey mate, really thanks for your comment, appreciate it a lot, yes you are so right man, I think they need some more life too, I'll try those things you are saying, by the way maybe that won't be necessary cause there's still a lot to be done, more characters, some things on the background, by the way more life to the environment so maybe complexing the characters itself won't be necessary but who knows maybe they look great, well anyway has to be done to know haha, thanks for the encouragement, it's great to know you like it by now mate.

oneczech
09-09-2008, 08:58 PM
ahoj carlos ...

i actually agree also that some more motion would be a nice addition to the clip. especially something between the main keys before and after the bird moves from A to B ... maybe some small, tiny ups and downs and then a bigger jump so the characterd does not freeze. also some eyelid blinks, maybe his head could rotate to the motion, overlay, his head could lead the moves and so on .... i have tendency to get distracted when animation freezes too much .... feels like it lost it's momentum and life ...

what is the clip for? what's the story behind it?

carandia
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
ahoj carlos ...

i actually agree also that some more motion would be a nice addition to the clip. especially something between the main keys before and after the bird moves from A to B ... maybe some small, tiny ups and downs and then a bigger jump so the characterd does not freeze. also some eyelid blinks, maybe his head could rotate to the motion, overlay, his head could lead the moves and so on .... i have tendency to get distracted when animation freezes too much .... feels like it lost it's momentum and life ...

what is the clip for? what's the story behind it?

Hola oneczech

Well yeah you guys are right, I'm right now putting some in betweens and making the movements itself more lively, I will upload an update when I get it improved, yes maybe that freezing it's making the movements and rythm lacks fluency I will work on that, well about the story, I didn't made up one or any concept it's more an animation exercise for myself, audio sync and just to have fun, maybe that's the story after all the chickens just listen to the music and dance and have fun doesn't have any story behind it, Improvisation more than planification here, this is actually not my favorite methodology for working but well this time I did it this way and just trying to have fun with it, thanks for the comments and suggestions man, really appreciate them.

Dobri den

carandia
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Trying to make the movement on the chickens more lively, with in between from movement A to B and some expand and squash, comments would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu-GRcCZMPw

lewistaylor
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Carlos,

Agree with the others about secondary motion here. One thing that stands out to me
is that all your motions appear very linear. By that I mean as each chicken moves from
one position to the next, they appear to move at the same rate during the whole thing.
Very mechanical looking, so go in and have a look at your curves they need tweaking.

Second. The eyes! Delete all your eye animations. Once you have the chickens motions
all locked down, go back and animate the eyes. Go 2-3 frames before each motion, and
quickly dart the eyes in the direction the chicken is about to go. This will show a thought
process behind what is happening and give them a sense of personality, otherwise they
just look like toy chickens on a stick.

Lewis

carandia
09-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey Carlos,

Agree with the others about secondary motion here. One thing that stands out to me
is that all your motions appear very linear. By that I mean as each chicken moves from
one position to the next, they appear to move at the same rate during the whole thing.
Very mechanical looking, so go in and have a look at your curves they need tweaking.

Second. The eyes! Delete all your eye animations. Once you have the chickens motions
all locked down, go back and animate the eyes. Go 2-3 frames before each motion, and
quickly dart the eyes in the direction the chicken is about to go. This will show a thought
process behind what is happening and give them a sense of personality, otherwise they
just look like toy chickens on a stick.

Lewis

Hey man thanks for taking the time to comment, well the motion on the chickens it's synced with the music each chicken, by this time just two chickens are moving according to one regular sound on the whole thing, maybe I don't get what you are trying to say, or are you talking about the motion being so regular itself on the whole thing, same strenght, speed?, well yeah I think the eyes are going messy on some parts but having them to look at weird directions it was an attempt to give them personality, kind of a freaky one, but yeah I'll give a try making them "watch before do" there's a little part on the animation right now that it's happening that and I think looks nice, thanks a lot for your suggests and comment man, appreciate them lots.

carandia
09-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Update, the render won't be like this, but well I needed a fast render, comments would be really welcome, well I have been trying to make the chickens more lively on their movements and attitude, thanks for the suggest on the eyes Lewistaylor and for the secondary motion oneczech and annoman, thanks guys, hope you like it by now and these thing improved, would be eager to hear your oppinions, suggest and comments.

Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-y92NvhRY)

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2008, 11:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.