PDA

View Full Version : Game Icons - Character - Whirlwind

Whirlwind
06-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Haven't really come up with the concept for the game yet.... but I have sketched out a rough for the Icon Character. In this case it will be the villian, much like Diablo is the selling character for well... Diablo.
So here's the rough, not exactly the most original, but its a WIP.
I plan on redoing him with more detail before I start modeling. Right now I'm struggling to come up with a solid color scheme. Red, silver and green seem overused.. to spawnish for me. Crits greatly welcomed, as well as any advice on what I need to change before I take this to final concept.
Thanks,
-D

http://dart.4t.com/images/DKnightWIP.jpg

Dhin
06-04-2003, 08:12 AM
Try Orange (brownish,) Navy Blue, and a dark purple. The blue and orange are completer to each other and the purple will add to the dark shadowy feel of the blue.

Other then that I think the sketch looks good, can't wait to see more.

chrisdejoya
06-04-2003, 01:44 PM
whoa...that looks badass. can we see more of the head, if you've worked out sketches for that? very cool.

oh, and i personally like the colors as they are. i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Whirlwind
06-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Dhin- Thanks, I'll try that out :)

Snowfly- Thanks as well. I have some roughs of the face, but I'm almost done with the final version, I'll post a close up then.

Finaly came up with a concept for the game, that will slightly alter the appearance of my Villian. But hopefully for the good.

Game Type: Action/Rpg

Game Style: Third Person Platform (Kingdom Hearts)

Plot: The demi God (of Smoke) Witherbane is covertly instructing his followers to destroy the temples of the demi Goddess (of Water) Aqueous. Witherbane is believed to be breeding a special form of spiders to kill the demi Goddess so that he can claim her powers for his own. Since they are bond by a spiritual order, the gods cannot directly confront each other. The hero is a character who is sent on a quest by Aqueous to uncover Witherbane's plans

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.