PDA

View Full Version : Animation reference for fighting

Neuropolis
09-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm doing some fighting animation and I could use some good, clear references for posing in punches and kicks. Generalized, really, anything will do. Anyone know where there might be a good place to look?

Ollarin
09-05-2008, 08:03 AM
What style of fighting?

You could search YouTube for the style of animation you're looking for, if you think about it, YouTube is an awesome site for animation reference. :D

Neuropolis
09-05-2008, 09:18 AM
What style of fighting?

You could search YouTube for the style of animation you're looking for, if you think about it, YouTube is an awesome site for animation reference. :D

Karate, I guess? The client never really specified. I'm just animating moves like crazy so they have a lot of options but I was thinking some decent fighting footage would help a lot.

I poked around YouTube a bit but upon further consideration, I think my problem was most likely that I just don't know what types of fighting to specify and half the clips are grainy handheld video of tournaments shot from the top bleacher.

torresmedia
09-05-2008, 11:49 AM
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojheef4RW08
In this movie I trough some punches, kicks and basic samurai moves, maybe them could help you?

x70
09-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Set up a camera hidden in a bush in a public place and start kicking the ass of anyone who walk into frame. When the cops show up fight them and you'll get your reference.

torresmedia
09-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Set up a camera hidden in a bush in a public place and start kicking the ass of anyone who walk into frame. When the cops show up fight them and you'll get your reference.
LOL! That's just a stupid reply!

Neuropolis
09-07-2008, 07:40 AM
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojheef4RW08
In this movie I trough some punches, kicks and basic samurai moves, maybe them could help you?

Very cool. Should be very helpful. Thanks!

torresmedia
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Very cool. Should be very helpful. Thanks!
I would love to see the final product ;) Hehe... Since I'm the inspiration :P Hehe... Good luck, btw! :)

wwswimming
09-10-2008, 04:54 PM

LOL

OK, here's a reference. i always thought Capoeira was laid back, till
i saw this choreographed fight scene with Lateef Crowder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbVyGtQo4g

in Hollywood, i think one of the most authentic fight scenes is at the
beginning of 'Above the Law'. it's one of Steven Seagal's first movies,
the beginning has a scene of the freestyle practice that is common
among Aikido black belts.

and, there's always Enter the Dragon. Bruce Lee was a master, of
both fighting & fight choreography.

i suppose the "i know kung fu" scene in the Matrix offers some decent
choreography.

and if that doesn't work, there's always ... Karate Kid ?

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2008, 04:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.