PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3Ds max animation

torresmedia
09-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi everybody!

First of all: Sorry if thread is in the wrong place :)

My problem is explained in this movie: Animation Help (http://lois.kicks-ass.net/movies/Animation%20Help.wmv)

Thanks for all answers!

torresmedia
09-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Can someone help me? Annybody?

EDIT: Is there no one who could help me her?!?! :banghead:

torresmedia
09-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Is there nobody who could take 1 min to look at this and maybe help me? :(

scrimski
09-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Check the interpolation curves for the rotation controller of the upper arm.

Stop thread bumping, it's annyoing.

torresmedia
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Check the interpolation curves for the rotation controller of the upper arm.

Stop thread bumping, it's annyoing.
Sorry for that.. But it seemed like nobody even tried to help me :P

But to your respons: Where do I find the interpolation curves? Maybe you have some links who can help me learn more about them? Thanx!

scrimski
09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Where do I find the interpolation curves? Maybe you have some links who can help me learn more about them?
No offense, but in cases of neverheardaboutit or wherecanifindit you get results way faster when reading the 3ds Max manual. Use the search function for 'interpolation' or 'curve editor'. Lot of stuff to read including explanation of technical principles you usually do not find in specific tutorials.

For tutorials read the Tutorial chapter under Help, not sure, but I think this is explained in the bouncing ball tutorial.

torresmedia
09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
No offense, but in cases of neverheardaboutit or wherecanifindit you get results way faster when reading the 3ds Max manual. Use the search function for 'interpolation' or 'curve editor'. Lot of stuff to read including explanation of technical principles you usually do not find in specific tutorials.

For tutorials read the Tutorial chapter under Help, not sure, but I think this is explained in the bouncing ball tutorial.
Ok, sorry to bother you...

scrimski
09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
If it would bother me, I wouldn't reply in the first place at all.
It's not about bothering me or anybody. it's about doing your homework by using accessible references be it the manual, this forum, the wiki or internet(in that order).

It's your time you spend waiting, not mine.

brokenpoly
09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Hallois!
I think you get this strange rotation because you`ve animated it using another axis than the local axis. If you`ve used the world axis when rotating the arm, you could probably get some weird rotation. My tips would be to delete the key and replace it with a new one, using the local axis :)

If thats not the case, you should check the TCB-rollout under the Key Info panel. Go to the problem-key and try boosting up the Tension to 50.

I guess there are other ways to solve this too, but i recommend you trying it out!

Roald

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.