PDA

View Full Version : Render hardware particle in MentalRay with Per Particle attribute

jalixko
09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi all!
I have some particles with rgbPP attached to the age, when render in MentalRay i get the particles with the color from the default lambert shader. Anybody knows how to get the color per particle attribute to render with shadows, FG and so on?
Cheers.

chriswilson
09-16-2008, 07:05 AM
You should be able to use the particleSamplerInfo node (in the hypershade) to transfer particle attributes to your shader.

jalixko
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes, I used that node but I couldnīt get any resault, only in hardware render.
Could you guide me to get the same result in Mental Ray.

strange_quark
09-20-2008, 01:11 AM
the docs specify that only cirtian things from the particle sampler node pass thru to mental ray.i don't remember what they are, but there is a list....

Aikiman
09-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Maya 2009 has finally fully integrated the particleSamplerInfo node with mentalray so thats good news, otherwise you may as well forget it and use the hardware or software renderer with the PSI node.

jupiterjazz
09-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, I used that node but I couldnīt get any resault, only in hardware render.
Could you guide me to get the same result in Mental Ray.

You can use 3delight for Maya which fully supports: particleSamplerInfo, arrayMapper, has a lightweight particle primitive (RiPoints), supports builtin and custom PP attributes with the RSL code node and ofcourse perfect motion blur.

p

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2008, 02:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.