PDA

View Full Version : Game Icons - Character - mtmckinley

mtmckinley
06-04-2003, 05:26 AM
I hope to find some time for this one. Reserving the spot for now. Thanks!

izzylong
06-04-2003, 06:00 AM
Rootin for ya buddy!!!

mtmckinley
06-06-2003, 06:50 AM
Thanks, Izzy. :)

Here's my idea. I really don't know if I'll be able to finish her. I'm going to see about fleshing out more drawings this weekend and getting her design and the art style thought through.

http://www.mtmckinley.net/cgtalk/sweet_tart/sweet_tart_01.jpg

This character would be in one of those crazy, ultra-violent humor games that come up every now and then.

Sweet Tart is a roller-blading, preppy, 50's style, poodle-skirt-wearing young girl... with a thirst for blood! ;)

The gun design will most likely change. Still thinking about the hair. I have one drawn of her in a pony-tail type thing. Kinda like an old drive-in waitress.

We'll see how it goes. :)

Comments, ideas, suggestions, always welcomed. Forgive the drawing, as I'm not used to a tablet just yet.

sbp
06-06-2003, 08:49 AM
Looks like a good concept! Explosive teddy :) ?

mtmckinley
06-07-2003, 03:01 AM
New sketch!

Fleshing her out some. Thanks for the idea, sbp. :) Note the nuke symbol on the bear's belly. ;)

Still not sure about her weapon... I don't really care for the big Mega-Man-ish thing... hmmm...

Suggestions?

Thanks!

http://www.mtmckinley.net/cgtalk/sweet_tart/sweet_tart_02.jpg

izzylong
06-07-2003, 03:04 AM
What about a hairspray-can flamethrower? :)

mtmckinley
06-07-2003, 06:52 AM
heh, maybe. ;) What about a big battle axe thing?

Working on some boot ideas:

http://www.mtmckinley.net/cgtalk/sweet_tart/sweet_tart_03.jpg

Dhin
06-07-2003, 08:41 AM
It only seams right that a roller blading psycho in a 50's style outfit should through poodle-gernades, razor-edged hola-hoop rings, chatty-Cathy doll sonic disrupters(sets off an ear splitting scream that stuns any within its range, also says things like "I think I hate you," and "can I play with your spline"),and use a flint lock musket. Okay maybe the flint lock is over the top. I'm just say look at the fads for the time period she is obsessed with and turn them into her evil arsenal.

Very nice Idea though, I'd buy this game.

mtmckinley
06-07-2003, 05:26 PM
lol, cool ideas, Dhin. :)

Here's one with a pony tail and a few design changes. STILL pondering over the weapon, though. I really want to give her some kind of gun, i think... my game idea is some kind of crazy arena battle type game, ala Twisted Metal, except crazy characters rather than crazy vehicles. ;) Not necessarily 100% original, but it's fun. :)

EDIT: Older pic removed. New version(s) below.

Still working on this pic, so Teddy Bomb and a few other things aren't yet present. ;) I like the addition of the Hula Hoop, though. LOL, I can picture an animation of her getting knocked down. She jumps up, quickly restarts the hoola hoop and takes off, back into battle! :D

EDIT:

here's her face unobstructed:

http://www.mtmckinley.net/cgtalk/sweet_tart/sweet_tart_04b.jpg

Hellwolve
06-07-2003, 06:11 PM
What you need (IMHO ;) ) is an realistic gun, not used much.

How about this one:

http://www.vegatransports.com.au/2001/matrix2001/mouse2.jpg

The gun Mouse uses in his death scene is cool, and not used much. SO, you could give it a try ;)

mtmckinley
06-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey, good idea! I was looking up weapons and had decided on the TommyGun, but I think I like those in your pic better. Thanks!

Hellwolve
06-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by mtmckinley
Hey, good idea! I was looking up weapons and had decided on the TommyGun, but I think I like those in your pic better. Thanks!

You're welcome :)

I'll try to find better pics. I'm interested in those guns myself :beer:

lildragon
06-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Bring it mtmckinley, always love your ideas :buttrock: good luck man

-lild

mtmckinley
06-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Hey, thanks, Tito! Always good to hear from you in these. :D

Hellwolve
06-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Mtmckinley, here, a present ;)

An moviestill from mouse using the guns :bounce:

URI::G
06-07-2003, 10:42 PM
cool idea. I was planning to do a rollerskating girl myself, but not anymore :)
anyway, have you considered using the parallel design instead of in-line wheels. It might fit her better.

http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/StrawberryShortcake/Images/RollerSkates.jpg

sorry for image linking in your thread.

mtmckinley
06-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Thanks again, hellwolve. :)

Yeah, in the 50s, she would have had parallel rather than inline... I was thinking more along the lines of character dressing and acting like she was in the 50s in the modern day.

But here's a pic with parallel. :) Which do you guys like better?

http://www.mtmckinley.net/cgtalk/sweet_tart/sweet_tart_05.jpg

Wintermute
06-08-2003, 12:26 AM
my vote is for the parallel skate style...it fits the 50's style so much better than the in-line style.

just my 2˘

killer concept btw...can't wait to see her modeled.

Hellwolve
06-08-2003, 08:57 AM
My vote is for the inline style. Although it's not really 50s, it looks better to me :)

And if you don't mind, I'm gonna nitpick on the gun :p

-Barrel needs to be longer and thicker.
-The handle should be in the the round amunition drum.

(That is, if you're going to more or less copy the gun ;) )

Prs-Phil
06-08-2003, 12:00 PM
you´ve got style keep it up, and dont make her to nice ;)

mtmckinley
06-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanks, guys. :)

Wel, here's where I think the design will stop for now. I'll try to get the gun looking right when it comes time to modeling it, but for now, I'll start modeling the character.

Thanks for all the input!

http://www.mtmckinley.net/cgtalk/sweet_tart/sweet_tart_06.jpg

Hellwolve
06-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Alright, good luck :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
06-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Should be quite a model when finished.She is a real looker............and dangerous,but all the good looking ones are.;)

Pretty wild concept,fun,interesting,"Dangerous".She's in good hands with Maya and you MT.mckinley.:thumbsup:

I can see her in a future sports type game ala Rollerball,speedball,tron.......Have fun.:thumbsup: :beer:

mtmckinley
06-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Virtuoso, glad you like her!

This is actually my first low-poly female character to attempt, but I'll try to do my best. Also, as I'm now working all day during the week, I'll probably only really have time on weekends to mess with her. Hopefully be able to get done during the challenge.

Anyway, let's go into more detail as to the game for Sweet Tart.

As mentioned before, she'd be one of the crazy, psycho combatants in a "Twisted Metal" style arena combat game. You'd play it 3rd person and, with Sweet Tart on skates, anyway, it'd probably look kinda like Jet Set Radio Future or whatever that game was called except without the toon shading.

Arena's would be big, and hide lots of different weapon pickups and power ups. To spice things up, there could also be a Mario Kart-style racing game types where you would attack fellow racers and try to finish first.

For weapons, you've got your primary and secondary. I think all the characters would have their own, unique secondary weapon (Sweet Tart's Teddy Bombs, for example) and the primary weapon would change based on weapons found in the arena. And then, everyone would have some kind of bladed weapon, for when ammo runs out.

The other characters in the game would need to also have some mode of transportation other than just walking, but it would not be a vehicle game, so it'd have to be something like a jet pack or a scooter or something, so the action would be fast and furious. :)

I want to play this game, now! lol

Dhin
06-10-2003, 12:17 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

I love the idea, you should make an old grump man in one of those people-mover-carts (you know the ones really fat people and old people use so they don't have to walk like the rest of us,) with a jet-engine on the back. His cane could be his secondary weapon . . . OH WAIT, this isn't a real game it just for the comp. Dang, I was really liking the idea. . . :annoyed:

It sound like a really good game idea and Sweet Tart is looking very fly. You should add a Marilyn Monroe beauty mark to her also (the little mole over the lip.)

mtmckinley
06-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Oi...

well, I've started on it, but I have to say that it's one of the worst models I've ever done so far. I might just have to scrap it and start over. :p

izzylong
06-14-2003, 06:14 AM
Go for it dude:)

I trust your opinion!

Virtuoso
06-16-2003, 07:06 AM
mtmckinley you are incapable of creating a bad or even average model. Go for all you mentioned,It's exciting.You have my support as always.It all sounds quite elaborate but at the same time fun and interesting.Go for it big guy.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer:

mtmckinley
06-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks for your support, guys!

I should clarify. Reading back over my comment makes it sound as if I'm starting all the way over with a new concept. I'm still going for making Sweet Tart. I started the model over this past weekend and it's coming along better. It's nowhere near a comfortable progress post, though. ;)

Thanks again!

mtmckinley
06-29-2003, 02:58 AM
Sorry for the long delay. I'm getting modeling going... but it's still not a very pretty model, I'm sad to say. Hopefully I'll make it up in texturing.

I'll post a pic soon.

It's funny... you work in 3D all day, so when you get home, it's the last thing you want to do. ;)

mtmckinley
07-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Dang, I don't know what to say.

This is the first CGTalk challenge I wasn't able to complete that I started. Only excuse I have is now that I've got a job, I just can't spend the time on these like I could before.

Sorry, fellows. Maybe next time.

:(

Lee3dee
07-11-2003, 01:21 AM
I'd still like to see your progress :applause: I work do 3d modeling everyday at work too, and been pulling some late nights too these past few days to finish the challenge. I think you should post some screen shots. If not for u, then do it for the rest of us. :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.