PDA

View Full Version : weird thing that reminds me of earwax

blankslatejoe
04-26-2002, 07:25 AM
Ok, this is my first time posting artwork stuff on here. I'm not sure what this is a picture of, I just got bored one evening with my tablet and started blocking out pretty colors. The thing kinda reminds me of earwax, but I know it looks nothing like earwax. Call it abstract, I'm not really sure what it is. Anyway, let me know what you guys think!

blankslatejoe
04-26-2002, 09:23 AM
maybe i should change the thread subject to "weird thing that reminds me of breasts. That'd attract attention, Yessir.

Korgath
04-27-2002, 12:26 AM
:suprised:
Makes me think of a fly, mutated into a non-constructive form of it's former self...

How did you do it? I like the lightning and the colours. :thumbsup:

Oh, about the low comments: Don't sweat it, not alot of people in this part of the forum conpared to the [Finished Work] section. As I understand it, you can post 2D there too...

blankslatejoe
04-27-2002, 01:03 AM
Thanks !
Actually, I did it following the exact same procedure outlines on the digital painting tutorial on 3dluvr.com.

1:Block the colors in how you like them,
2:blur it a whole bunch,
3:block the light and shadow
4: blur it a whole bunch
5: refine the edges
6:add details with the dodge/burn

Best of all, This is all doable with Painter Classic, that freebie version of painter that comes with Wacom Tablets and such. It's doable in Photoshop too, just doesn't look as painterly.
Thanks again, I think i'll take your suggestion and move this post to the <finished> section.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.