PDA

View Full Version : FumeFx Follow

grury
09-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi all!!

I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to have an animatable influence on the FumeFx Follow Op.
Although it does create keyframes when I change the Velocity Multiplier or Influence values, it changes the values globally for all the keyframes.

Also whenever I try to use a Age Test or Delete by Particle Age Max totally crashes.

I'm working with Max 2008, have this bugs being fixed in 2009??

Cheers

Carlos

floopyb
09-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I havent tried it but it sounds like a bug to me. You should try posting your problem here so the devevlopers cand look at it
www.afterworks.com

grury
09-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Cheers Jordan,

Yeah will try that, altho their forum doesnt seem to get much response from the Sitni people, we still waitin to hear from them on a issue with Max 2009, something we enquired several weeks ago.

Thanks

grury
09-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone??

There seems to be an issue when sending particles into a new event, after using the FumeFx Follow Op. Had the same problem with SendOut, Age Test, Find Target. Theres no problem if those are on the same event as FumeFx Follow Op, but as soon as a new event is created, Max gives a error.

JonathanFreisler
09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
grury,

i just tried it then by making a standard fume, using pflow the exact same way you stated. And yeh, i got some odd error and max just closed. Granted it didn't have a problem the first few times i did it, but i kept adding events to send it to a new event until it crapped itself.

And i just tried it again, reopened max, made a fume, same method. Couldn't get it to crash, but then the next time i had come back to max, it said an error had occurred.

grury
09-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. It sure is weird. Trying to get some answers from the guys at Sitni Sati, but no much luck.

realnick
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I tried playing around with pflow and fumefx. Worked fine until I tried to save the scene. Some nasty error about corrupt save file came up and it was impossible to save it. Really annoying since you spend like hours trying to fine tune everything to perfection and then you can't save it!

Bandu
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi guys, i really don't know what you're doing and how you run into this problems.

I emit from Fume ( or whatever ), follow fume with animated values and change group after few frames...
No crashes, got animcurves and no problem at all

Q:grury
can you post your max scene?

PflowFFXtest (http://www.b3d-animations.com/tmp/pflowffxtest.avi)

cheers,
Bandu

grury
05-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Bandu,

This was a rather old thread, over a year. Cant even remember what project was I working at the time. I'm assuming its been fixed since then.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2009, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.