PDA

View Full Version : Addon install requires restart?

greyface
09-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Hello!

I've just finished writing a little script, it uses a property page which is viewable in the preferences panel, like the built in duplicate tool and hence a .preset file.

I'm compiling it as an xsiaddon, but the problem I've been having is that XSI needs to be restarted after installing it, to load the custom preference pane.

I've tried using the 'refreshcustomprefs' command (i forget what it is exactly) - but then I get an error saying the plugin is not loaded, even though it actually works fine.

What's the right way to do this?

tc
09-07-2008, 04:34 AM
I'm not sure but I think there's some info in the Wiki about the refreshcustmopref command.
I think this is how it works, its gonna give you an error because you will refresh custom prefs before you load some of the pluggins that has customPrefs.. But then it will work normally.

Take a look in my Proxy Select plugin, search the community.softimage.com and you will find it.
I did a custom pref for that one. Now I can't go back now to check what things I did so do it your own and tell me if you can get any help from that code.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2008, 04:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.