PDA

View Full Version : advanced controls - supertoon scripts

andyLP
09-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Hi there - I'm using the supertoon 'skinClusterToCluster' script to setup controls on a character's eyelids.

after running the script i find some of the controls dont stick to the mesh correctly.
All controls stick to the mesh fine when deformed by a blendshape. However if I deform the mesh with one of the new cluster controls, some some of the nearby controls that should follow simply stay stationary. (see attached images)

I've tried messing around with input order's etc.. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I had to replace every instance of closestPointOnMesh to nearestPointOnMesh in the hyperRealMeshParent script.

Any advice would be appreciated :D

meljunky
09-13-2008, 04:52 PM
I had the same problems with the eyebrows. Move the left side and the right side shifts, but when I move the right the left does not move. When one controller causes another to move the orientation is going to change the axises screwing with the animation. I simply remove the orientation and replaced it to follow the head.

It helps to make sure you control is sitting directly on a vert/edge. Even then it may cause odd shifting.

-brian
www.meljunky.com

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2008, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.