PDA

View Full Version : Background for rendering/compositing

cignox1
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi all, I'm currently just giving a look to Modo and I wonder if it provides some tools for simple compositing (just like the backdrop option in Lightwave) to make me able to associate an image (or better yet a clip) to the camera as background for my rendered scenes.
I searched for such an option, but I've only found backdrops for references in the orthogonal views.
Thank you.

::keith::
09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Add your image/clip to the environment tab in the shader tree. Set the image's texture locator to 'front projection' and select the appropriate projection camera (whatever one you're rendering from).

Some things to note...
If you're using an output gamma other than 1.0 you'll need to adjust the image gamma to 1/output gamma otherwise colours will look washed out.

The camera film width and height should be the same proportions as the backdrop image. If not, you may have part of the image clipped.

cignox1
09-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Thank you very much, as soon as I go home I will try it. I m'm used to LW GUI, and I still need to figure out what is the key to decipher modo's.
Thank you again :-)

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2008, 06:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.