PDA

View Full Version : Competition #15 - McGreed

McGreed
09-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I thought I would try this out and see how it goes. I wanted to do a sci. fi. theme scene, and had an idea of an hanger, but since they are quite large, I'm not sure if my scene would be accepted as an corner.

Anyway,I'm going to use Crysis for the engine, and using XSI 6.02 for modelling, and zbrush for misc stuff. Going for an space hanger onboard a large spaceship, in the style of the one from Aliens, Sulaco, with large hatch for dropping the dropships. Still trying to make up my mind about creating a dropship and crane for it.

Comments appriciated.

EDIT: This image is rendered in XSI and not from Crysis.

http://www.mcgreed.dk/portfolio/3d/hanger/hanger_comp1.jpg

BlackHatt
09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey

Nice start.
The dropship and crane sounds good, but just be careful u do not run out of texturesspace.

McGreed
09-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah, the texture space is already starting to concern me as well, but Im thinking if I just keep the style as a clean white paint type, and not the grunge dark style, it might be easier.

Xoliul
09-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Just do some smart tiling and re usage of textures. You can even use different UV channels for more tricks like differently unwrapped AO or something.

BuddyGlenn
09-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Looking good.

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2008, 03:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.