PDA

View Full Version : Render Callbacks in MEL?

PlebianX
06-03-2003, 09:57 PM
Hello!

I was wondering if MEL has some sort of Render Callback. This is something I know MaxScript has, and I'd like to use it or something like it. What it is is a way to set a script to run when the scene get's rendered, so you could do sometihng like remove all color and set everything to a 50% grey, without changing the scene, just what gets sent to the renderer? I Know you can set a pre- and postrender MelScript in renderglobals, but I don't know If this can be used in quite the same way. I'm trying to implement the said example, and I guess worst case I could save all the connections to the color attribute somehow, But I'd prefer a more elegant solution.
Oh, and the script is mostly just for my own learning of MEL, so no links to pre-existing scripts please! ;) Gotta learn this stuff SOMEHOW!

svenip
06-04-2003, 07:41 AM
look in the render globals under render options tab for the pre and post render script input.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.