PDA

View Full Version : Objs From Modo To Bodypaint

MSavagliani
09-02-2008, 03:59 AM
HI, I l would ike to make my base mesh in modo, sculpt in zbrush and then texture in bodypaint, but when I open the obj from modo, even after using in zbrush, its so small I cannot even see it or frame it. Even if I export a simple cube from modo to body paint, I cannot see the obj. In maya, the obj from modo is too big, but at least in there I can resize it. But in body paint, theres nothing I can do, even if in the preferences I choose to import objs 1000 larger than original size. Meshes created in maya or zbrush works fine in body paint, but from modo, I cant use, even if I saved before in zbrush or maya. What can I do? Thanks

Per-Anders
09-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Go to your viewport and choose Frame scene or frame active object and if needs be zoom in/out a bit. When choosing import/export scale for Wavefront in the prefs set the scale to 100 for import and 0.01 for export, alternatively use Riptide to import/export obj files rather than BP's inbuilt OBJ support which doesn't support all features of the obj format.

Also you'll get more responses if you post in the specific forum that relates to the software you're talking about (in this case Bodypaint, which would come under the Maxon Cinema 4D forum as C4D and BP are one and the same thing with simply different layouts).

MSavagliani
09-02-2008, 06:37 AM
thanks,
the way that I fix that was taking my obj to maya from modo and resizing to .01, and then exporting again. Then bodypaint can frame the obj. the obj from modo is actually too big, not too small. But the display in bodypaint led me to believe quite the contrary. Anyway, do u know how to turn it off that annoying tablet pc vista display that appears when shift alt ctrl are pushed? thanks

Per-Anders
09-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Sorry I don't use Vista so no ideas about that, if it's a BP issue try the C4D R11 demo and see if the issue still exists there. But with regards the scale you could set the import scale in Bodypaint down to 0.01 thus skipping a step.

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2008, 07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.