PDA

View Full Version : Applying Fur to a mouse character

Boucha
09-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi,

I am currently applying fur to a mouse/rat character similar to Remy in Ratatouille. I have managed to layout the UVs after splitting the body into head, body, legs, arms and tail. I have planned to attach the fur to the hair system for some dynamics. So far, I cannot figure out the proper way to layout fur. Can any one give me some guideline on how to properly apply fur to a character (which looks great) and is entirely covered in fur like a rat.

TimForbes
09-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi, not sure if youve got a copy of it, but the art of rigging volume 3 has a fairly in depth description of setting up fur for a production character using mesh patches which are then wrap deformed back to the main mesh. this allows you to orient the uv's for each patch exactly as you wish. (I'm assuming you're using maya fur).
hope this helps,
Tim.

Boucha
09-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Hey thanks for the reply...
Yes that is what I am going for (wrap) and I am using maya fur...
I have manage to create some utility scripts to enhance my work flow, and few days working on it has been a success. The fur is coming out good...I was just curious about the work flow...

cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2008, 02:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.