PDA

View Full Version : need help, "particle collision events"

gogofast
06-03-2003, 06:50 PM
hi,
I made a particle object (named "A") and let "A" collide with a surface, then I create a collision events which i want to emit some particles when "A" collide with surface. I used a particle object (named "B") as the target particle of the events. I created the "B" before I made the "A", and have wrote some creation and runtime expressions for "B".
When I play the animation, there are "runtime error" in "B"'s runtime expression. I notice that the creation expression of "B" have not been executed, so the variables in creation expression of "B" did not been declared, and when runtime expression used the variables it report error("divided by eror. (// Error: An execution error occurred in the runtime expression for snow_particleShape. //
// Error: line 7: Division by zero. //)

If I create a new target particle object for collision events, that's ok, when the collision event happend, the creation expression was executed.

I dont know why. Because I used a lot of time to adjust parameters of B, so I dont want a new target particle.

help me:bounce: :bounce:

svenip
06-04-2003, 07:43 AM
can you please post both expressions ?

gogofast
06-04-2003, 12:55 PM
this's creation expression.

gogofast
06-04-2003, 01:01 PM
give me a hand.

:bounce:

svenip
06-04-2003, 01:10 PM
ok looks good. did you really create these attributes (PP) ??

svenip
06-04-2003, 01:15 PM
looks ok so far. can you send me a file of that to take a look ??

send it to

s.pohle@berlin.das-werk.de

gogofast
06-04-2003, 01:37 PM
I have send you the files . the last one it's the problem one.
The other one is I used a new particle object for the collision event.

thank you very much, give me some advise.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.