PDA

View Full Version : A Modeling Reel by Taylor Leach

grafi
08-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Hey everyone, I just finished up VFS (Vancouver Film School), and this is my demo reel after my one year study.

You Can Check out the Demo reel at:
Quicktime Large H264 File (http://www.taylorleach.com/Taylor_Leach_Modeling_Reel_h264.mp4) (Right-click Save As)
Or the FLV version is on my website at: http://www.taylorleach.com/

http://taylorleach.com/banner.jpg

Hope you guys like it,
-Taylor

Rebeccak
08-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Heya grafi,

Great to see that you finished. :) That first model is your best. Keep pushing your skills. :)

-R

phantomworkshop
08-29-2008, 06:00 AM
I agree, I especially like the first model the best. Good work!

rasmusW
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
hey tyler!

as i just told you. great reel. i really like the first one aswell.
good luck, job hunting.

-r

David-J
08-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Good job Taylor.

I enjoyed your reel very much. There were a couple of things I think they can be improved in my opinion.
Your first model is pretty good and I liked a lot the way and style you presented it, although for me it was very short the time you gave to it. I dig the rain and all the effects but it gets distracting, specially with such a short amount of time. On the turnaround and wires on that also too fast and specially on the face you can barely see the wires. In my opinion if you are including wireframes in your reel they should be easy to see.

The second model the same thing is extremely fast. You spent almost the same amount on the cool transition than in the model.

On the Fetus I liked the style of it a lot. Just watch out for the flickering on the textures for the next time. I know it's a pain to get rid of it.

Good luck with your future endeavors and hope this was helpful.

Lexalotacus
08-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I think The fetus was awesome, all of them were for that matter...

The first model was short and it was hard to see anything with the rain and the shaking.
I think you should have each model a little longer on screen before breakdowns in my opinion.

Great modeling though, im jealous!
L

grafi
09-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Rebecca: Thanks, you'll be seeing more work from me soon. ;)

phantomworkshop: Thanks.

rasmusW: Thanks man, it was nice hearing from you the other day.

David-J: Thanks man, I remember seeing your reel while I was in VFS, I enjoyed your reel as well. I agree with the speed issue, I had a set amount of time to work with, but I'd like to add more to it later, I was just worried it would be another of those long student demo reels. The reel was supposed to be formated more like a Visual Effects reel, where the first parts would be more of a cinematic sequence, and then the second half would be breakdowns of wireframes, with a slower look at everything.

Lexalotacus: Thank you, the renders took a while to finish which was one of the reasons for it being so short, I wish I had more time on it, but it's done for now.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2008, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.