PDA

View Full Version : Viewport capture

varunbondwal
08-29-2008, 03:47 AM
I need to capture the viewport from the default perspective camera or the user camera. Theres a 'capture viewport' function in XSI which allows me to capture from viewport a,b,c or d, but it does not allow me to capture from any particular camera. Does anyone know how to capture from a particular camera ?

amusic
08-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Change the view to your desired camera and then start the capture. In every view you have stated (upper left) what view is it egg. Top, Front, Right, User; press there and change it.

tc
08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
each view has that little camera icon, you run the capture from the view you want to capture.

by the way there's a very good explanation in the manual
http://softimage.wiki.avid.com/xsidocs/ani_play_CapturingAnimationinaViewport.htm

varunbondwal
08-29-2008, 10:06 AM
thnx everyone

but, the thing is, that im not opening the files manually, i'm making a script that opens all the files of a project and saves their screenshots somewhere. So i've got to get the screenshots from the perspective camera, and i cannot change the view manually to the persp cam... so i'm bit of stuck up.
If anyone has any idea how to either
- change the active viewport to persp camera
or
- capture viewport from the persp camera

via scripting, it would be really helpful to me

amusic
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Try this:
set oVM = Application.Desktop.ActiveLayout.Views( "vm" )
oVM.SetAttributeValue "activecamera:c", "CameraMyName"
SetDisplayMode "CameraMyName", "shaded"
CaptureViewport 2, true

CameraMyName is the name od Camera you want to use, it is VB script.

ThE_JacO
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
As per the other thread:
There's a programming subforum, please use it.
Moving this thread for you (again).

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.