PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: A Palpable Hit

Imatk
06-03-2003, 09:57 AM
http://www.samjam.com/Images/PalpableHit7a.jpg

grihan
06-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Wow..i really like it...
I like specially the camera you chose...

paulogm
06-03-2003, 11:02 AM
very powerfull! :applause:

wireframe, please...!!!!!

OZ
06-03-2003, 11:05 AM
WOW! very realistic!The lights looks perfect!:thumbsup:

Psycholink
06-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Nice! Think you make animation later?

mixed
06-03-2003, 01:16 PM
this is awesome, nice textures, and lighting. an animation would be nice as well :)

Imatk
06-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Yes I'm going to work on an animation and see what I can come up with.

Here's the wireframe you wanted paulogm.

http://www.samjam.com/Images/Wire.jpg

Bilbo_Baggins
06-03-2003, 10:22 PM
Holy moly.. this is one of those dropjaw pictures. :) Only a matter of time until front page methinks.

Great work!

T0BER
06-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Really nice. The lighting and texturing especially. : )

Mind telling us how you acchieved such good texturing results?

All the best.

Volcandro
06-04-2003, 12:05 AM
It's very realistic great job .
One thing I think that could be more realistic with some fire on the back.
:buttrock:

KOBALT_KORE
06-04-2003, 12:31 AM
:eek: HOLY CRAP!:eek:

Thanks for the wicked new wallpaper! :beer:

superfly18
06-04-2003, 03:28 AM
Wow, awesome work man! just work on the clouds a bit more? IMO

I think its frontpage material, love it. Great job.

squidinc
06-04-2003, 08:31 AM
the render looks ace :thumbsup: , but what happened to the wire, it looks kinda messed up, random triangles all over the place :shrug: did you model it in a different package and then import it? :)

D_Caldie
06-04-2003, 10:10 AM
great model, amazing texturing (especially as that mesh is a bit of a mess) yeah, i think about the only improvement i can think of would be adding flames to the engines a bit... i cant wait for the animation :bounce:

Imatk
06-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the comments guys glad you liked it :)

As for the lighting it's a fairly simple setup. Two spotlights and background radiosity... the main trick was getting the angle right.

As for the textures... it was A LOT of trial and error. There are several layers for each plane, specularity maps, bump maps, diffuse maps, color maps.... etc. But they were all done in Photoshop.

They are both UV mapped as well.

Heh superfly18 the clouds aren't cg.... :) they are a photograph.

As for the wire shot, the reason it looks like it does is because it has been optimized with polygon cruncher for an animation I'm working on now.

I'll post the original wireframes for you... although I didn't model these so I can't take credit for that. They are from the de espona collection.

When you say flames do you mean afterburners/thrusters, or more explosion?

Thanks again guys.

http://www.samjam.com/Images/WireF18.jpg
http://www.samjam.com/Images/WireMig.jpg

D_Caldie
06-04-2003, 08:47 PM
yeah that mesh is much cleaner.... i don't know about everyone else but i ment afterburners. also, that smoke trail seems to start suddenly... if that is because that is where the missile hit maybe add a larger ball of smoke that is beginning to spread and fade (from the original impact) also it may be an idea to add some shards of that engine and/or the missile flying through the air behind the hit plane? Just some suggestions, but wow, i love it as it is.:thumbsup:

Imatk
06-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the reply D_Caldie, yeah I agree it needs some afterburners...

I will make those and post up an update... as for where he got hit, he actually got hit before this frame (coming in an animation near you :) so that's why there is no rocket impact etc... also at this distance a rocket would probably kill them both so I used machine guns :)

Much debris will come with the animation :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.